Projects Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:04:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Login Register  

The Map: General

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Map: General  (Read 1300 times)
ArtyomSmalls
Doodle

OMAHA

« on: May 29, 2017, 11:13:53 am »

This is a project topic, so please keep discussion related to the work at hand.

Welcome to The Map: General. Here we're working on the document that is our map in all of its various shapes and forms. There may be more specific topics created to facilitate work on specific aspects of our map, but this is the general map topic where all else stems from.

As of this posting, here is our current map:
with regions:

And more specifically, Flisch was working on the ecozone map:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:36:22 pm by ArtyomSmalls » Report Spam   Logged
ArtyomSmalls
Doodle

OMAHA

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »

Specifically on Flisch's map, this one:

I've got the associated changelog to keep us current:

Quote from: Flisch
-Added Seychelles (To the island that was formerly the Canaries)
-Subsequently moved the Canaries to an island on the atlantic coast of africa (which makes more sense anyway)
-Added "Various polynesian islands" to the australasian sea. I'm too lazy to label every one of those. You can figure it out. Tongue I mean, the fauna and flora should be fairly homogenic anyway.
-Added a little strip of Middle Europe to separate Iberia from Caucasus. This also means that Middle Europe now touches the mediterranean coast. Imagine those parts to equal Italy and Greece in terms of ecozone.

Ovi had a suggestion last we all spoke.

Quote from: Ovi
During research I found that Ascension Island is wetter than St. Helena, and they aren't terribly far apart (they are the ceneters for the top two circle in >this map<).

As such I think would should count that island chain as "St. Helena and Ascension" as far as ecozone equivalency is concerned.

Report Spam   Logged
Oviraptor
Doodle

tastes just like chicken

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 03:37:13 pm »

Also, the below-sea-level lake in the Eastern part of the Sahara region isn't shown. We could consider it "Lake Chad," which is in the southern part of the Sahara, or we could go with something more like the Dead Sea, which is more similar geologically, but is actually in between Mesopotamia and the Nile River Delta (located on this map in the place labeled "Palestine").
Report Spam   Logged
ArtyomSmalls
Doodle

OMAHA

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 05:33:34 pm »

Geography hasn't steered us wrong yet, so let's go with Dead Sea. It's a unique, interesting sort of place anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: