Projects Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:11:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Login Register  

Game Rules: General

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Rules: General  (Read 2146 times)
Oviraptor
Doodle

tastes just like chicken

« on: May 30, 2017, 07:34:19 pm »

Events should mostly be regional save a few global ones. I'd still like to make one of them the Ice Age.

As for spreading around the map, I say people completely dying off should be very rare, instead it should reset your advancement toward settlement. Also, we should keep in mind that in real life, an abundance of food generally slowed advancement toward domestication because there is little need to innovate.

Also, this was my brief idea for an outline from the other forum:

I'll let you guys handle the game mechanics, but here is my brief idea for an outline.

Era of Prehistory

Age of Terraforming

The landforms and environment of the world are created.

Age of Proliferation

An age spanning from the dawn of the anatomically modern human to the beginning of settlement. Age lasts from 200,000 years ago until about 15,000 years ago. During this phase, players will be spreading humans across the planet while simultaneously developing various races, eventually coming to the point of the planets first settlements.

Age of Domestication

Spans the time from the beginning of settlements about 15,000 years ago until the development of writing (alternatively, the development of bronze working, as these things happened at about the same time) about 5,000 years ago. During this phase, players will be developing settlements, starting with isolated villages, domestication various animals and plants, and eventually leading to the beginnings of multi-city civilizations.

None of the names here are final and we can go into better detail once we nail down for sure what we want to do. We've just completed the "Age of Terraforming" and are about to enter the "Age of Proliferation." One thing to remember about the ages, they are defined by the most advanced people of the age. There will still be plenty of peoples that are technologically still within previous ages. Even to this day, we have peoples that are still in what I've called here the "Age of Proliferation." [see: Sentinelese]

Thoughts, everybody?

Edit: To clarify, the Age of Proliferation is the phase we are about to enter.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:37:54 pm by Oviraptor » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: