Projects Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:44:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Login Register  

Game Rules: General

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Rules: General  (Read 2166 times)
ArtyomSmalls
Doodle

OMAHA

« on: May 30, 2017, 07:40:09 pm »

Speaking of events, I guess some events should be one-off or have a cooldown rate. Back-to-back ice ages might kill the humans. :3

The "wandering" and "tribal" phases I'm alluding to I guess would be subsets of your "proliferation" phase, if that helps.

With the idea of some nomad groups dying off, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. After that "season" is done, we'd reroll nomads again and explore off in other directions. I think the premise behind it was that it'd let us branch out in lots of different ways and allow for basic threads of history to be weaved every "season". You'd have stories of groups that did not make it and stories of groups that did. I guess the assumption being that... let's say Nomad Group A "wins" season 1. Their final location would I guess be listed as a potential start location for the settlement era. And by the time we reach the settlement part of the game, we'd presumably have played several mini-games of nomads and have lots and lots of potential start locations, each with a baked in starting premise and minor history.

I really like this idea. Celdur was on a roll with this one. If we can find a way to work it in somehow or improve upon it, that'd be swell. But let's definitely discuss it all a lot more!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: